Updated Monovalent COVID-19 Vaccines Recommended for Everyone 6 Months and Older
At NYC Health + Hospitals, we continue to be here for all your COVID-19 needs. Updated Monovalent COVID-19 vaccines are now available at all hospitals and Gotham Health clinics. These vaccines have been updated for the 2023-2024 season and are designed to protect against newer COVID-19 variants.
Everyone ages 6 months and older should get an updated COVID-19 vaccine.
While healthy people can also become very sick from COVID-19, the vaccine is more likely to be lifesaving for people who:
- Are 65 or older
- Are pregnant
- Have an underlying health condition that puts them at higher risk for severe outcomes
- Have certain disabilities that may increase their risk for having underlying health conditions
Vaccination can help reduce the duration and severity of COVID-19 symptoms if you become infected and it reduces the risk of long COVID. You can also get your annual flu shot on the same day as your updated COVID vaccine.
To make an appointment, call 1-844-NYC-4NYC (1-844-692-4692)
Vaccinate Your Child
The best way to protect your child at school, around friends and at home is to get them vaccinated as soon as you can. Vaccinations are safe, effective and available in the pediatric practices of any of our hospitals and select Gotham Health Centers.
- Unvaccinated children ages 6 months to 4 years should receive three doses of the bivalent Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine. The first and second doses are separated by three weeks, and the second and third doses are separated by at least eight weeks.
- Unvaccinated children ages 5 to 17 should receive one dose of the bivalent Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.
If your child is 6 months to 4 years old and a NYC Health + Hospitals patient, please call your child’s pediatrician to schedule. If your child is not a NYC Health + Hospitals patient, use the City’s Vaccine Finder or call 877-VAX-4NYC (877-829-4692) to schedule an appointment at certain sites, as well as to get other vaccination assistance.
Parents or guardians are required to fill out 2 consent forms.
Proof of Vaccination
You can show the CDC card you received when you got vaccinated or sign up for these online vaccination passes:
To Make an Appointment
*If your child is 6 months to 4 years old and a NYC Health + Hospitals patient, please call your child’s pediatrician to schedule. If your child is not a NYC Health + Hospitals patient, use the City’s Vaccine Finder or call 877-VAX-4NYC (877-829-4692) to schedule an appointment at certain sites, as well as to get other vaccination assistance.
Before Your Appointment
You must reside in the United States to receive the vaccine.
You will need to complete the New York State COVID-19 Vaccine Form in order to get vaccinated. The State requires the provider administering the vaccine to check that you completed the form.
Before you visit us for your vaccination, also keep in mind these tips:
- Bring proof of age – A parent or guardian must provide consent for a child to be vaccinated.
- Reschedule if you are sick – You will be unable to receive the vaccine if you have active COVID-19 or a COVID-19 test result pending. You should also reschedule if you are not feeling well on the day of your appointment.
- Bring your health insurance card – COVID-19 vaccines are free with no out of pocket costs to all New Yorkers regardless of insurance status. But if you have health insurance, we will bill your insurance.
For more information, visit: