NYC Health + Hospitals provides the highest quality alcohol and drug dependency recovery programs as part of our behavioral and mental health services, with personalized, caring treatment plans that are effective for each patient. We seek to empower New Yorkers to achieve recovery to live the healthiest life possible.
Our professional, caring and discreet staff focuses on personalized treatment plans to support the recovery of each patient.
NYS-Certified Outpatient Substance Use programs include:
- Medically Supervised Outpatient Programs (MSOP): Individual, group treatment and recovery support services to help reduce use of alcohol and other substances.
- Outpatient Detox: Treatment that seeks to stabilize a patient while reducing substance use and controlling mild-to-moderate withdrawal symptoms.
Opioid-Use Disorder Services
NYC Health + Hospitals has several comprehensive programs to connect more New Yorkers struggling with opioid-use disorder to treatment in primary care, Emergency Department and inpatient settings. The programs include:
- Opioid Treatment Programs (OTP): OTPs, widely referred to as “methadone programs,” offer medication-assisted treatment to patients with opioid-use disorder.
- Office Based Opioid Treatment (OBOT): Addiction services are available to patients with opioid-use disorder in a primary care setting.
- Buprenorphine Virtual Clinic at Bellevue: NYC Health + Hospitals/Bellevue’s Virtual Bupe Clinic focuses on rapidly evaluating and treating patients and generally can be done on the same day they call the clinic. Call (212) 562-2665 for questions or to set up an appointment.
- Opioid Public Education and Naloxone Training Events: Our health care staff offers events to educate community members on how to recognize an opioid overdose. For those interested in becoming a certified overdose responder, training is provided on how to use naloxone to reverse an overdose and free rescue kits are distributed.
Inpatient Programs and Services
- Emergency Department Peer Advocates: All our hospital Emergency Departments are staffed with peer advocates who engage patients and connect them to appropriate addiction care.
- CATCH Teams: Consults for Addiction Treatment and Care in Hospitals (CATCH) are teams of doctors and nurse practitioners with addiction expertise, licensed social workers, mental health counselors and peer advocates. CATCH teams help patients with substance-use disorders who are hospitalized for any condition.